Almost all of us at least one time in life feel on his own skin what is sunburn. It is painful, uncomfortable, not beautiful and even dangerous. But not always we can buy something in pharmacy that will help fast and at the same time will be without side effects. Here are 10 health hack, that really works. So, if you are interested how to get rid of sunburn, you have to read this article!
How to Prevent!
Even if you have sensitive skin, it is easy to prevent sunburn blisters and avoid unnecessary discomfort and pain. Don’t let anything to disturb your romantic honeymoon. Escaping the sun starting from 12 o’clock is smart, and take as a rule always use sunscreen, if you plan to sunbath. You have to use sunscreen with SPF 30 as minimum. To be always beautiful girl in bikini, you have to protect your skin. But if your skin is extremely sensitive, it will be better to wear clothes with UVB protection. Also, don’t forget about sensitive lip’s skin and use lip balm with sunscreen.
If it is late to speak about prevention, then you have to try one from the following hacks as soon as possible!
Cold compress will get great relief from the pain of sunburn and reduce the inflammation.
- Give a soak the towel in very cold water, squeeze out, and put on the affected area the towel.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times and very soon you’ll start to feel better.
Never put ice directly to sunburn area, because it may impair the situation. Also don’t take warm baths 2-3 days. You can take a cold bathe or shower. It will help to reduce the pain too.
Aloe vera is effective to treat any kind of burn including sunburn. As it will re-hydrate burned area, aloe vera will help to reduce the pain.
- Take the gel from a fresh aloe vera paper.
- Put this gel on the sunburn area.
If aloe vera is not available now, you may use an aloe vera gel from the market.
Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar are useful in treating sunburn skin.
- Mix small spoon of vinegar with a cap of cold water, put a soft cotton into this solution and apply after on the sunburn place.
- Also you can spray this solution directly on the sunburn blister to reduce the pain.
- Another way is to mix equal amounts of vinegar and honey and apply on the sunburn area.
Oatmeal helps to soothe the skin.
- Enjoy an oatmeal bath. For this fill a bath with cold water and add there 500 gram of powdered oatmeal. Sit in oatmeal bath for 30 minute. You will reach better results and more pleasure, if you will add rose petals to the water.
- There is also another way. Wrap 200 gram of ground oatmeal in a muslin cloth or cotton and boil it in water 5 minutes. Let it be cold cold and then use as compress.
Turmeric has an antiseptic effect.
- Mix 50 gram of turmeric powder with few drops of water and apply it for 10 minutes on sunburn area.
- Also you can mix paste of turmeric powder with yogurt and barley and apply it on the skin. Leave it for 30 minute and then wash with cold water
- Repeat this action several times.
Use raw potatoes to help the skin get cold and lower the pain.
- Clean a raw potato and make small pieces. Make a potato past in blander.
- Apply this paste to the painful area until it became dry. Don’t forget to wash this place with cold water after.
- Repeat this process during the day.
Instead of potato, you can use cucumber the same way.
Tomato juice is also in top list of home remedies how to get rid of sunburn. It will help very fast. There’re many ways how to use it.
- Blend 1/4 cup of tomato juice with 2,5 cup of buttermilk. Put this pasta for half hour on sunburn blister.
- Take a cold bath with tomato juice. Add 1 liter of juice in the bath.
- Mix in blander 2 tomato and one piece of ice and leave this mixture on skin for 5 minute.
Baking soda has soothing and antiseptic effects.
- Take a cold bath with one cup of baking soda.
- Or you can mix soda with few drops of water, to make a paste, and apply it on painful area.
- Another option is to mix baking soda with vinegar, and apply this paste to skin.
Chamomile will be very useful in treatment your skin.
- Mix chamomile oil with tablespoon of almond oil.
- Put it on the sunburn blister.
- Repeat this twice a day.
You may soak in ice water 3-4 chamomile tea bags and after apply these tea bags on the painful area.
If you have lettuce leaves in your fridge, it is time to use them:
- Boil in water 3-4 leaves of lettuce for about 10 minutes. After leaves became cold, put them in fridge for 2 hours and after you can apply them on your skin for 15 minute.
- Repeat this process 5-6 times a day.
These home remedies will easily help to reduce discomfort and pain, associated with sunburn. But if it will not help during 3-4 days, ask for a medical help.